25. Scholars (Shouldn’t be on this list. Just a neighborhood bar)
24. Daisy Buchanan’s (Boston institution. Not douchy. Massholey. It is what it is)
23. Hurricane O’Reillys (Massholey)
22. Tia’s (If Tia’s is douchy than the entire city of Boston are douchebags because literally everybody goes there when it’s nice out)
21. West End Johnnies (never been)
20. Venu (Douchy)
19. Stats Bar & Grille (not douchy at all. Southie bar)
18. Bond (Douchy)
17. Ned Devine’s (Massholey)
16. Ocean Club (Douchy)
15. Alibi (Normal)
14. Howl At the Moon (Massholey/Douchey/Cheesey)
13. The Estate (Douchy)
12. Dillon’s (normal)
11. Underbar (Euro Douchy)
10. Liquor Store (Massholey)
9. Rumor ( Douchy)
8. Whiskey Priest (Massholey)
7. The Point (Just there)
6. Sail Loft (Normal)
5. Joshua Tree (normal)
4. Greatest Bar (Massholey/douchey/cheesy)
3. Gyspsy Bar (douchey)
2. Jose Mac’s (just there)
1. Tequila Rain (just there)
* For me the difference between Massholey and douchey is Massholey is just the type of people who live here. It’s me, you, everybody. A douchebag is somebody who is wearing a shirt 9 sizes to small, thinks they are way more important than they are, probably fake tans and tries way to hard to act like he’s hanging out in Miami or Vegas when he’s in Quincy. Lots of the bars this chick called douchy are just massholes doing what massholes do. They aren’t douchey. They are just popular Boston bars filled with boston people.
So this article is kind of going viral right now. Boston’s 25 douchiest bars according to some chick Kim Westerley from Complex Magazine. I’m guessing she is in college or just graduated. Anybody got a picture of this broad? I feel like that will give some context to this article. She strikes me as a borderline hot chick who never gets attention from guys, but goes to popular bars and then says they suck because nobody bought her a drink. That’s the vibe I got from this list. There is just no rhyme or reason to the places she picked or why she says they are douchy.
Like how did Stats, Dillons and the Sail Loft get on this list? When was Stats “a hangout for junkies and burnouts”? How can the Sail Loft by douchy if they serve oreos? Since when does Tia’s slow down at 7pm on Thursday Nights? Just lots of misinformation flying around. And most importantly how do you not have the Place on this list at all when everybody universally knows that The Place is top 3 Douchiest bars in Boston. No Storyville either? Not to mention the fact that Ocean Club has to be #1. Even the douchebags who go there would say that. I guess that’s my complaint with this article. Some things she says I agree with and then other things it looks like she has never stepped foot in the city. She picked popular bars like Alibi and said they were douchy just because they are popular. Like I got to Alibi. I think that’s as normal a crowd as there gets around here. Plus she has a bunch of bars on this list that are absolute non factors like Scholars, Jose Macs, Joshua Tree, the Point etc. Like seriously of all the bars on Union Street to put on this list she picked the Point? The Point isn’t douchy. It’s just there.
PS – A commenter brought up a good point. If you’re going to write an article like this trashing virtually every popular bar in Boston you should be forced to also write about the best bars. Like where does this bitch hang out if she hates all these places? The Harp? Game On!? Where?